Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
Enables physiotherapist to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. The technique utilizes specially designed stainless steel instruments to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation.
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, and splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
- Increases skin temperature and amount of blood flow to and from the area
- Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
- Alters spinal reflex activity (facilitated segment)
- Increases cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells
- Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity